Let me share some data with you that may encourage you to change some things with your children.
- Gut health impacts brain health. If your family is consuming junk food or things that cause inflammation of the gut then their brains are not at their fullest potential.
- Are they looking at screens an hour or less before bed? Blue light has proven to hinder REM which is crucial to good rest
- Are they getting 8 hours of sleep each night? If the brain is tired then they can’t focus well during the day.
- Are they taking vitamins? Include Omega-3 foods into diet, vitamin C & D, B-12, & probiotics
- How much screen time do they have each day? Are they going through tech detox on weekends and getting outside and spending time with family or friends?
- What kind of exercise are they getting? Walks, running, sports? This is crucial for whole body health!
Consider your family’s emotional, physical, spiritual, and mental health and how you can work together to improve these aspects together. Have a meeting and set goals and discuss the important of each of these to your family.
Warriors for God is here to coach you through the process if you need help. We want you and your family strong and ready for battle.
Ginger Turner is the Founder and Director of Warriors for God Ministry. She has a Master’s Degree from Liberty University in Marriage and Family Therapy, is a Board Certified Mental Health Coach, and a Christian Life Coach. Ginger, her husband, and three children reside in the Hill Country of Texas where she teaches and counsels couples, young children, and teenagers. Her focus is on enriching marriages and families, suicide awareness, and coaching the community on Whole Body Wellness. Ginger loves the Lord and lives every day for Him, serving Him in whatever capacity He sets on her path.